[Update 29.09.05] I have become addicted to ReSharper and have started using NMock.
I have been polling friends and Google, finding out what would be the most productive environment for .NET development. The advice I have got, and what I have started to use is:
- Use TreeSurgeon to set up the directory structure (should be read in conjunction with Mike Roberts' blog)
- Use NDoc to document the code
- Use NAnt to run and maintain the builds and tests (is installed by TreeSurgeon)
- Use NUnit to write the unit tests (is installed by TreeSurgeon)
- Use CruiseControl.NET to do continuous integration (I have not installed this one yet)
- Use TestDriven.NET to run the unit tests within VisualStudio (handy but not crucial to have)
I found a good tip on how to run NAnt from within VisualStudio, the only change I did was to set "$(SolutionDir)\.." as the Initial directory, which is the default location where TreeSurgeon places the build file.
I expect that this list will change as I start the coding for real.